From time to time, we would like to spotlight one of our favorite community non-profit organizations. Currently, several of our staff members work as volunteers or board members with the Humane Society of the New Braunfels Area.
The Humane Society of the New Braunfels Area has struggled in the past. But, we are so glad to help spread the word that things are looking up!
Did You Know...
- The Humane Society of the New Braunfels Area (HSNBA) is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization
- HSNBA is not funded by any national humane organizations
- HSNBA holds contracts with the City of NewBraunfels and Comal County to house stray animals brought in by their respective Animal Control Divisions
- HSNBA will accept stray pets brought in by citizens and, if space allows, pets whose owners can no longer care for them
- Approximately 4,000 animals PER YEAR enter HSNBA
- ALL animals are spayed or neutered prior to adoption from HSNBA? The pet overpopulation problem in New Braunfels is real and while the bulk of the burden falls on the shoulders of the HSNBA, it is a community problem - a problem that the community and HSNBA can solve by working together. This could not happen without HSNBA’s partnership with CCVMA
- Revenue HSNBA collects from City and County contracts covers approximately three days of care per animal and their intake vaccinations? If the animal stays longer, or needs any special veterinary care, those funds come from private donations
- The average live release rate of cats and dogs in July 2015 was 51%. In July 2016 it was 73%!
- There’s still a lot to do! And, YOU can help!
How Can You Help? Take the $10 Challenge!
- Donate $10 per month to ensure the lost & abandoned animals of this community are cared for in the manner in which they deserve
- ADOPT – don’t shop!